These AMAZING muffins/cupcakes are kinda special to me, because they were the FIRST baking exprience my daughter Haley and I had together, and she couldn’t wait to try the “pupcakes” she made.
The best part, they are healthy and she thought they were DELICIOUS, moist, and decadent. I don’t feel the least bit guilty making them time and time again!! 🙂
The first time I posted a blog for this recipe was 2014, my how time flies. It’s been ages since I’ve made these and they are just as good as I remember !!
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
• 1 3/4 Cup Oats
• 3 Egg Whites
• 3/4 Cup Saco Premium Cocoa
• 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
• 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla extract
• 1/2 Cup FAGE Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
• 1/2 Tsp. Cream of Tartar (or 1-1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
• 1-1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
• 1-1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
• 1/4 Tsp. Salt
• 1 Cup Hot Water
• 1/4 cup + 2 tbs Stevia In The Raw
• 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or use white chocolate or peanut butter chips)
• I’ve use a little mint extract to make chocolate mint cupcakes and they were divine!
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Line (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
• In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
• Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in the chocolate chips
• Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
• Bake the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or untill a toothpick comes out clean!! I find 12 minutes is perfect!! I like them a little gooey 🙂
• Cool muffins before removing from pan.
12 Large Muffins (Serving size 1 muffin)
Calories 75 5g Protein, 12g Carbs, 2g Fat, 2g Sugar and 3g Fiber
Enjoy!! Try them out and let me know what you think!! If you make them, take a photo and tag me on Instagram @operationlean
P.S I’m thinking I may replace some of the oats with some PB2 next time (powdered peanut butter with the fat removed) this would be a way to make that chocolate bean it butter flavour without increasing the amazing calorie count!